If you’re like me, you ate a little too much and skipped out on a workout or two (or three, or four…) over the Holidays. Maybe you put on a few pounds, lost that 6-pack you were sooo close to getting, or just feel a little more jelly-like. Not to worry! It happens to the best of us and luckily, with a little hard work, we can all get back to our pre-Holiday bods or better!
The following program is designed to blast that little extra padding we put on over the Holidays and jump start our New Year on a strong and powerful note. I’ll be doing this program myself for the next several weeks, so I’ll be pushing right along side you!
This program is for intermediate to advanced fitness levels and should be taken at your own pace. A few tips before you begin:
- Always warmup before starting any of the workouts below!
- The recommended sets/reps are absolutely NOT requirements.
- Choose the weight that’s right for you.
- Modify and rest as needed.
- Use proper form!!
- Always, always, always listen to your body. Challenge yourself, but don’t push so hard that you end up injuring yourself.
- Program should be done for 4-8 weeks with periodic increases in weight, reps, or intensity.
- Lastly, have fun with it! Don’t worry if you’re not quite there. As long as you’re doing your best, you’re improving.
*Key: BB = Barbell; DB = Dumbbell
If you are unsure of how to perform a certain exercise, please feel free to contact us!
Sunday: Upper Body Strength
Monday/Wednesday: Yoga or Cardio
Do 30-60 minutes of your favorite type of yoga or cardio.
Tuesday: Explosive 1
Thursday: Explosive 2
Saturday: Lower Body Strength
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes by commenting! If you enjoy the workouts, please like and share using the links below!