This program is for intermediate+ fitness levels. It is recommended that you complete the Back to the Basics 12-Week program before beginning this one. The program consists of 6 days of exercise, 3 of which include strength training.
- Make sure your muscles and joints are adequately warmed up before lifting any amount of weight.
- Make sure you are properly hydrated before, during, and after your workout.
- Use proper form and biomechanics to perform each exercise. Do not compromise form for any reason, including to lift more weight. Modify where necessary.
- Progress your workouts appropriately by increasing reps, sets, or weight used each week.
- Rest for 30-60 seconds between sets and for 60-120 seconds between circuits, or as needed.
- Maintain a controlled tempo. Minimize momentum. Increase speed slightly on the concentric (contracting) action and decrease speed slightly on the eccentric (releasing) action. For example, when doing a squat, lift body slightly faster and lower body slightly slower. For a bicep curl, curl up slightly faster and lower down to starting position slightly slower. Etc.
- Make sure you actively recover on your off day. For ideas on active recovery activities, click here.
- Listen to your body. Challenge yourself, but don’t overdo it. Be conscientious of signs of overtraining and rest as needed.
Don’t forget to let me know how it goes in the comments!! And feel free to like and share if you like the program 🙂